29 July 2011

ode to the couch

I feel bad now that we never named our couch.

Anyone who has visited the Best house knows the wonder that is "the couch".
It lived a good long life, the duration of my entire life to date to be exact.
It endured spills, accidents of all kinds, stabs, sleepovers, sunday afternoons and slumbering naps. Most of my memories of reading, from picture books to Harry Potter marathons have taken place on this couch.

I was sad I never got to say goodbye.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh goodbye couch. what could ever replace it!?!

The Hardys said...

Elise:

1. That is so sad about the couch. What am I going to sit on when I come to visit you? Tell your parents it's just not going to be the same...

2. Your hair is so CUTE!! It took me a few pictures to realize you've cut it. That's so fun!

3. What fun you guys have been having this summer!! I miss the canyon :(

4. I am so excited to get together this Christmas, I hope you'll be around. I don't know when we're coming yet but we will be there!!