26 March 2009

Donate Blood: Play Rugby

Last night was the much anticipated Varsity Rugby Match between De Montfort University & University of Leicester, the two unis in Leicester...aka rivalry schools.... We braved the cold, windy, and always wet weather with our friends Rich & Anne & Mark.


The girls game was epic with more injuries than I could count, with Tom calling it "disasterous, or diabolical" take your pick. I wish I could say that this score below was the final score, but I think they topped out at 62-0. Keep in mind that De Montfort is our team. Sad day.


The mens game followed and was good fun to watch. Both teams put up a good fight, and the game was really close at the end which always makes for a good game. The best part was, our friends wanted to leave at the end when it looked like De Montfort was going to lose...later to find out that they came back to win in the final moments!!!!


Here are some pics of Tom & I cause people are always asking for more pictures!!


The night was so much fun and it was great to get out of the house and into the chilly UK weather!!!! Thank you Tom!!!!


3 comments:

Katie Lane said...

ewe blood. and rugby. I don't really get rugby but I'm glad you had a good time.
you and tommy boy are cute. he probably hates being called that.
you need to do the 100 things...

Anonymous said...

okay I am jealous--not the weather of course but I think rugby is much more exciting to watch!!

Cortni said...

yay, you have a blog!! it's fantastic!!! i've never seen rugby, but it looks pretty exciting.