So many things to be thankful for today....
eleven o'clock church. peanut butter bars. sunday nap. waking up to dinner. call to england. family chats. missing good friends (the having good friends part, not the missing part). "pants"-ing will. happy brothers. ally home. lots of blankies. surprise snowball. not so successful boggle. surviving sunbeams. Ohhhh sunbeams. They crack me up. In sharing time half of them are crying because they are scared or sad or tired or who-knows-what. But in class they let go of their inhibitions. I guess we should feel lucky that they are comfortable with us?
One of my favorite moments:
Last week, lesson is "I Have a Body"
Tom: Do you guys have a body?
Girl: Oh yeah! I have a body....points to her bum....(body....booty....)
Boy: Me too! I have a booty!
Boy proceeds to get up on his chair and slap his "booty" in front of the class. All attempts to change their minds about their "booty" fail. I'm sure parents really appreciate us teaching their kids about their booties. I know I would.
16 January 2011
thankful
Posted by Elise at 11:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sunbeams is my favorite class to teach. i wish you were sam's teacher to teach him about his booty.
i love your sunbeam class, they sound too funny. yay for updating your blog!
Post a Comment