11 April 2009

what a "good friday"!!

What a sweetheart! So this weekend, particularly friday (aka Good Friday), was tinted with a bit of homesickness. But, being the wonderful guy that he is, Tom snuck out and surprised me with the prettiest bouquet of tulips ever made! He knows they are my favorite, and knew they were the perfect thing to cheer me up! love you tom

Another good thing about Good Friday was that I got to sport my electric blue jacket for one of the first times. I am pretty much in love with it, especially the extended collar that can cover your entire face if you want it to. I don't know if these jackets have made their way to the States yet, but they are all over the place in England. They pretty much rock my socks.

Good Friday also included an adventure into town to find non-existent easter candy & an obligatory picture in the park on our way... I mostly like how my eye managed to get so squished. Oohhhh! and the best part was that the park has been infested with gypsies!!!!! I love England!

So, I have been pretty good to deal with being so far from home, but every now and again I just can't help being a little blue. One such occasion struck me at Tom's grandparents house on Friday, but thank goodness there were stuffed animals and lamp shades to make it all better!!! Nothing takes your mind off of home like lamp shade fringe in your nose!

Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better Good Friday!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jewls said...

Looks like you're having SO much fun! : ) Tom is so sweet! He's the coolest. We miss you...and we miss you even more cuz it's Easter. But we'll see you soon! We'll have to party it up when you get here. We love you! Give Tom a hug for me!

Katie Lane said...

Way pretty flowers.
So fun.
Can't wait to meet Tom.
Saw your mom at Costco.
Talked while my car was still running...super fun.
Found out your sister looks Mexican for West Side.
Still working on that video.
Love you.
Happy Easter.

Amy Lovell said...

Um, my life just got a little bit better when I discovered you have a blog. I hope you're enjoying England. You're life makes me jealous. But no worries, I'm not coveting you! :)

The Hardys said...

Oh Elise! We miss you here too, when I am so sad about you being in another country the lampshade helps me too........beautiful flowers!